Monday, September 15, 2014

Training Time #2: Interval Training

Although stair climbing is becoming more popular, there exists very little literature devoted to training for stair climbing races.

I've decided to take matters into my own hands and publish some of my own stair climbing work-outs. This is my second post in (hopefully) a series of posts devoted to training for a stair climbs. 

For Training Time #2, I've decided to share a few of my interval training workouts. These workouts focus on increasing anaerobic threshold and VO2 max*, which I consider to be the #1 ingredients to stair climbing performance.

*which is just a fancy way to say building up the heart & lungs.

Click here to download a few of my interval training routines  (via Google Docs).

This document is a work in progress, so comments are always welcome; I'm always looking to learn and incorporate new things.

Enjoy!
Alex

1 comment: